These crisp and not to sweet triple chocolate cookies make an excellent wedding favor for your guests. Packaged in cute bags, your friends and family will go home with a tasty treat to enjoy over coffee in the morning. My Grandaughter loves to help me make these for our guests.
1/2 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened good quality cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- gradually beat in cocoa powder and baking powder, beat for 2 minutes. Beat in 2 eggs.
- Stir in flour by hand. Stir in Almonds and 3/4 cups chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Divide dough into 2 parts. Roll each part into a 9 inch logs NOTE: If you are making theses for a favor or gift. Make sure your log is the correct width to fit in your bags.
- bake for 20 to 25 minutes. use the toothpick test.
- Cool the log for about an hour
- Cut each log into 1/2 inch wide diagonal slices, NOTE:check the size for the bags!
- Place the slices on a parchment lined cookie sheet and back 325F for 9 minutes.
- Turn the Biscotti over and bake for an additional 7 to 9 minutes.
- Cool completely
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee. Dipping is highly recommended!