The enjoyment of wine is very personal. You don’t have to be an expert–you just need to trust your own taste. Each time you try a new wine, your awareness of the character and subtle differences will be expanded. Tasting wine is like a sport: the more you practice, the better you become. Learning the basics can enhance your Central Virginia Wine Tour Vacation experience . More about wine tasting.
Take advantage of our Designated Driver Wine Van Sunday through Thursday for a FREE ride to 3 or 4 local Vineyards. This is offered on a limited basis to guests who stay two nights Sunday Through Thursday in a king room through the end of the year. Just $195 per night! (plus tax) We have lived here for 12 years we know the area and will select the wineries that best match your vino style!
If you are interested in a private Limo or bus tour, we are happy to recommend a local Transportation Company. There are several in the area check YELP for current reviews. these companies tend to come and go and some are better than others. Uber is just getting starting in Charlottesville at this time, you may or may not be able to locate a Uber driver.
Need more information or just a little help planning your visit feel free to give us a call. 540-672-6840 We are happy to help.
- Barboursville Vineyard One of the largest and well know wineries in Virginia
- Blenheim Vineyards Boutique wines made with great care. Great views from the back deck.
- Burnley Vineyard Family owned and operated, one of the oldest vineyards in the state
- Castle Hill Cider Only cidery in US fermenting and aging in buried terra cotta amphorae called kvervri. Great location and renovated barn
- Castle Gruen Vineyards and Winery Open By Appointment or chance Small boutique operation
- Chestnut Oak Vineyard – Open By Appointment Only
- Cooper Vineyard One of the greenest wineries in the state. They often have music on the weekends
- Early Mountain Vineyards – formerly Sweely Estate – Reopened after renovations! Tasting wines from vineyards throughout Virginia.
- First Colony
- Horton Vineyard Large selection, something for everyone select for almost 50 wines.
- Jefferson Vineyards Excellent award winning wines down the road from Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- Keswick Vineyards Our personal favorite – Excellent Award winning wines with an emphasis on quality
- King Family Vineyard Family owned and operated boutique winery producing about 5000 cases per year South West of Charlottesville
- Old House Vineyards
- Just outside Culpeper Virginia Play a game of chess on the oversized garden set
- Pollock Vineyards West of Charlottesville estate grown wine in the french style
- Prince Michel Vineyards Located on 29 south of Madison, Large Winery great gift shop and self guided tour
- Reynard Florence Vineyard – Small Boutique Vineyard making about 500 cases. Open weekends only or by appointment
- Stinson Vineyards
- Sugar Leaf Vineyards – Small winery focused on quality SW of Charlottesville
- Stone Mountain – Beware the drive up the Mountain! Hair raising turns and steep drop offs.
- Trump Winery Formally Kluge estate, now run by the Trump Family.
- White Hall Vineyards