The enjoyment of wine is very personal. You don’t have to be an expert–you just need to trust your own taste. Each time you try a new wine, your awareness of the character and subtle differences will be expanded. Tasting wine is like a sport: the more you practice, the better you become. Learning the basics can enhance your Virginia Wine Tour Vacation experience .
Sit back a relax while on your Central Virginia Wine Tour with our designated driver. Just add it to your reservation when booking online or give us a call to discuss your outing.
Here are links to some of the local wineries for your Central Virginia Wine Tour
- Barboursville Vineyard One of the largest and well know wineries in Virginia
- Blenheim Vineyards Boutique wines made with great care. Great views from the back deck.
- Burnley Vineyard Family owned and operated, one of the oldest vineyards in the state
- Castle Hill Cider Only cidery in US fermenting and aging in buried terra cotta amphorae called kvervri. Great location and renovated barn
- Castle Gruen Vineyards and Winery Open By Appointment or chance Small boutique operation
- Chestnut Oak Vineyard – Open By Appointment Only
- Cooper Vineyard One of the greenest wineries in the state. They often have music on the weekends
- Early Mountain Vineyards – formerly Sweely Estate – Reopened after renovations! Tasting wines from vineyards throughout Virginia.
- First Colony
- Horton Vineyard Large selection, something for everyone select for almost 50 wines.
- Jefferson Vineyards Excellent award winning wines down the road from Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- Keswick Vineyards Our personal favorite – Excellent Award winning wines with an emphasis on quality
- King Family Vineyard Family owned and operated boutique winery producing about 5000 cases per year South West of Charlottesville
- Old House Vineyards
- Just outside Culpeper Virginia Play a game of chess on the oversized garden set
- Pollock Vineyards West of Charlottesville estate grown wine in the french style
- Prince Michel Vineyards Located on 29 south of Madison, Large Winery great gift shop and self guided tour
- Reynard Florence Vineyard – Small Boutique Vineyard making about 500 cases. Open weekends only or by appointment
- Stinson Vineyards
- Sugar Leaf Vineyards – Small winery focused on quality SW of Charlottesville
- Stone Mountain – Beware the drive up the Mountain! Hair raising turns and steep drop offs.
- Trump Winery Formally Kluge estate, now run by the Trump Family.
- White Hall Vineyards