I am a big fan of breakfast pastries that can be prepared the night before and given a slow rise in the fridge overnight. Then I can get a few extra hours of sleep, wake an pop the danish recipe in the oven in the morning for a fresh baked treat! This BlueBerry Cheesecake danish Recipe is always a big hit with guests.
Ingredients for the dough
- 2 Tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 Warm Water – 110 degrees F Not to hot or you will kill the yeast
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup non-salted butter
- ? cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ? cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the filling
- 2 Packages Cream Cheese
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup fresh of frozen Blueberries
Steps to making the Blueberry Cheesecake Danish Recipe
- Dissolve the yeast and ! Tablespoon sugar in the 1/4 Water. Let stand for about 10 minutes until bubbley
- Using you dough Hook , Beat the egg, butter and milk. Knead in the 3 cups flour. Knead about 10minutes until smooth and satiny
- Let the dough rest while you make the filling
- Combine the cream cheese, egg yolks, sugar, lemon extract and lemon zest. Beat until smooth and creamy. – set aside
- Line a 13 X 9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Divide Dough into thirds. Set aside ?. Roll out the remaining 2/3 of dough to fit the 13″X 9″ pan. food up the side of the dough about ½” – This will help contain the filling
- Spoon the filling into the dough lined pan.
- Arrange the blueberry over the filling pressing them into the cheesecake filling.
- Roll out the remaining dough to a 10″ square. Cut 1″ strips. Arrange the strips diagonally across the pan in a lattice pattern. Sealing the strips to the edges.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnights.
- In the morning, preheat the over to 350 degrees F
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes until lightly browned and the filling is set
- Serve warm or at room temperature
- Enjoy all of the compliments!