Our famous Waffle Recipe
Make this wonderful waffles batter the night before and in the morning just plug in the waffle iron, fold in the eggs, baking soda and blackberries. Your guests will not be disappointed. During the summer months when our wild blackberries are ready for picking returning guests often request these special waffle’s.
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter plus more for serving
- 2 cups warm whole milk
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ¼-oz. envelope active dry yeast (about 2¼ tsp.)
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup blackberries
Nonstick vegetable oil spray for the waffle iron
- Melt ¾ cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until butter foams, then browns (do not burn), 5–8 minutes. Pour into a medium bowl; let cool.
- Whisk milk, buttermilk, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in flour and brown butter; cover with plastic wrap and let batter sit at room temperature at least 8 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Heat waffle iron until very hot.
- Whisk eggs and baking soda into batter. Fold in Blackberries
- Coat waffle iron with nonstick spray and pour batter onto waffle iron, spreading it to cover surface (amount of batter needed will vary according to machine).
- Cook waffles until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup fresh blackberries and more butter.
Looking for other wonderful waffle recipes try Allrecipes