Restaurants Orange Virginia
Looking for a recommendation for where to eat when staying with us. We are happy to help.
In Orange – Within walking distance all less than 1 mile from the Inn
- The Light Well – Live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Full bar with a selection of craft beers and local wine. Casual dinner and lunch service. (540) 661-0004 $$ Wednesday through Saturday Sunday Brunch
- El Varauquo – Authentic Mexican Cuisine at a reasonable price. Casual dinning room, The Oversized Margarita’s are a great deal. The food is WOW, the margarita’s frozen! Be sure to save room for the fried ice cream. Reservations not needed $ Open every Day Sunday’s kids eat for $2
- The Silk Mill Grill – Large Menu selection of steaks, chicken and fish. Sports Bar atmosphere & Menu. Full bar service, and a nice outdoor patio. Sunday night is Seafood night with crab legs. Reservation usually not needed. $ Tuesday _ Sunday.
- La Finca Grill – Creative South American Fare. Casual service, Monday through Saturday, Sunday Brunch, closed Wednesday
- Wise Guys Burgers – Great burgers, gluten free rolls and homemade soup
- Happy Garden (540) 672-1044. Great Oriental cuisine. Entrees from $10 . On main street in Orange, 1 mile from Inn. Eat in or carry out $
- Mario’s Italian Restaurant, (540) 672-3344. Operated by an Italian family with an extensive menu. Well patronized by the locals. True family friendly Italian dining. Large family frienndly food buffet. On main street in Orange. Beer & Wine available Eat in or carry out and delivery. $ Open Monday – Saturday
- Forked on Main – Coming Soon!
- My Avocado – Just across the street. Mexican Grill with a mediterranean twist.
Fast food in Orange includes, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Long John Silvers, Subway, Mama’s Pizza, Papa’s Pizza, Dominos, Pizza Hut, Country Cookin, Real Food
Just a 2 mile drive
VINTAGE AT THE Inn at Willow Grove: Elegant plantation house has recently reopened with new owners. Full service restruant in a memorable setting. Intimate Bar with a nice selection of apps. Excellent unhurried service. Reservations highly recommended. $$$$
In Gordonsville – A 10 Minute drive
- Pomme – (540) 832-0130 Excellent French cuisine. Limited seating in an intimate setting. Entrees $18 to $30 Located in Gordonsville just a 10 minute drive. Reservations Required. $$$
- Barbecue Exchange Chicken, Pork and Texas Style beef brisket all cooked outside over huge smokers, pulled and served on home baked rolls with three choices of slaw, and nine choices of pickles. Down home casual atmosphere. Open 11 to 7 daily $
15 to 30 Minutes Away listed in order of distance away
- The Inn at Meander Plantation, (800) 385-4936. Lovely three and six course dinners and wine pairing dinners at a historic country inn. Romantic intimate atmosphere. Excellent food and service. Cocktails and apps at 6:30, Dinner service at 7pm. 10 miles north on Rt. 15. Reservations strongly recommended. $$$ Dinner Thursday – Saturday
- Palladio at Barboursville Winery, (540) 832-7848. Excellent Northern Italian gourmet cuisine. Four course $52, with wine accompanying each course $75. Lunch $28/$38. 14 miles from Inn. Reservations are a must, and should be made well in advance. Palladio offers special wine parings and guest chefs. This is a meal to remember. $$$ lunch Wednesday – Sunday Dinner Friday – Saturday
- Fossett’s Restaurant (434)979 3440 Keswick Hall’s award-winning restaurant, Fossett’s, features expansive three-sided floor to ceiling windows with spectacular panoramic views of the Estate’s pristine landscape and the beautiful Southwest Mountains beyond. With a backdrop of classic cooking techniques, the Chef and his staff take special care to create innovative seasonal menus that are both approachable as well as contemporary. $$$$
- The Bavarian Chef, (540) 948-6505. Fabulous German and American cuisine. Plentiful servings. Dinners from $15-$21. This is definitely worth the 18 mile drive, west to Rt. 29, south of Madison. Full Bar Reservations recommended. On Route 29 between Madison & Charlottesville, Worth the 20 minute drive. * try the hot pepper crab soup, MMMMM $$$ Wednesday through Sunday
- Lucio – (540) 829-9788 Italian at it’s best, Great food and a wonderful atmosphere. Located on 15 business in Culpeper. Reservations recommended. $$
- Foti’s Culpeper European and Mediterranean influence dinning at its finest. The chef was the souse chef at the Inn at Little Washington, he has brought his culinary expertise to Culpeper. 216 East Davis Street, Culpeper Reservations a must. 540-829-8400 $$$
- It’s About Thyme, (540) 825-4264. Popular restaurant for European Country Cuisine, with the emphasis on fresh ingredients and herbs. Ala carte. Entrees: $15-$22. 19 miles north on Rt. 15 to Culpeper. Located in the Historic district of Culpeper. Coming from NVA on Friday night. This is a great place to start your weekend. Stop for dinner on Friday night on your way to the Inn on Poplar Hill. reservations recommended $$